Monday, August 21, 2006

KYDS Songs

South Fallsburg, NY-native Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Want to Be" from his 2003 album "Chariot" on the J Records label. Video.

Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK-native Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On" from her 2006 album "Corinne Bailey Rae" on the EMI label. Video.

Tyumen, Russia-native Irving Berlin's "Isn't This A Lovely Day?" from the 1935 musical comedy, "Top Hat." Sung by Fred Astaire and accompanied by Ginger Rogers.

Los Angeles-based Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Tell Me Baby" from their 2006 album "Stadium Arcadium" on the Warner Brothers label. Video.

Toronto-based Cowboy Junkies' "Sweet Jane" from their 1988 album "The Trinity Session" on the RCA Records label. Video.

Denver-based The Fray's "How to Save A Life" from their 2005 album "How to Save a Life" on the Epic label. Video. Meaning.

Kansas City, Missouri-based Bloodstone's "Natural High" from their 1973 album "Natural High" on the London label.

Little Rock, Arkansas-based Evanescence's "Call Me When You're Sober" from their 2006 album "The Open Door" on the Wind-Up label. Video. Awesome.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

All good songs! The ones that I could hear, anyway.

Maybe I'll have to hunt down that Irving Berlin song.... He's one of my favorite 20th century composers.

I loved the Evanescence video! That's the first time I heard that song. I've always been impressed by the fact that she makes her own clothes. She could design my wardrobe anyday! ^_^ I can't wait for the new album to be released.

And I absolutely loved RHCP. I liked all the different sorts of people in the video. Nice!

iokevins said...

I heard her first hit song through you, I think. I heard it this afternoon and recognized her voice instantly. What a set of pipes. I'm waiting for the agonizingly beautiful children's album.

iokevins said...

Oh, and Flea really inspires me the way he gets into his music. Go go go.

And the Evanescence video is supposedly aimed at her ex-boyfriend, who's in rehab. x_x

Blog Archive