Sunday, August 13, 2006

Jelly Belly and Muir Woods Visit

Dawn and I visited the Jelly Belly factory and Muir Woods on Monday, July 31:


Here's Dawn in front of the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield, CA. She's giving the peace sign because really, there's nothing to fear at the Jelly Belly factory other than parents waiting in line with their children and sugar overdoses. Peace, love, and granola. Dawn's favorite flavor is Juicy Pear. I haven't decided on a favorite flavor yet -- I like coconut and the fruit-flavors. Not a big fan of peanut butter. Buttered popcorn is their #1 seller (overseas?), followed by Very Cherry. Or it might have flip-flopped. Those are the top two, anyway. Apparently, the Goelitz family has been making candy corn since about 1900. They created the first Halloween- and Easter-themed candy corn, and that's progress for you in the world of candy.


The Jelly Belly factory has two benches with giant jelly bean plushies on them. This one looks like it's either my new best pal or it's gone mad and is going to kill me. Note the oddly shaped five digits on it's right hand and decide for yourself. And really Mr. Jelly Belly, shouldn't you be wearing pants?


Dawn and I figured out how to not only how to work the timer on her camera but also how to take pictures in late-afternoon low-light conditions. I think this picture of us is really sweet. In the background is a family circle grove of coast redwoods. They're some of the most beautiful trees on earth.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Peace, love, and granola! ^_^

That picture of us in Muir woods is my favorite of the entire trip.

Maybe mr. Jelly Belly is petrified because he thinks you are going to eat him??? Or overly paranoid, at least. At any rate, he must be mad because of the lack of pants.

Love,

Dawny.

Kiwi the Geek said...

Once upon a time I led tours at Jelly Belly. Recited a 14 page script from memory while driving a little electric train. But it was only a warehouse; we showed the people videos of each step of making Jelly Bellies, and drove past antique equipment set up around the warehouse. I hope someday I can tour the real factory!

Blog Archive