Monday, August 21, 2006

Buckwheat Pancakes for Dawny

I was all flapjack-flipping this morning:


Sitting with my Safeway Select Premium Quality Estate Grown 100% Grade A Dark Amber Maple Syrup. Eleven adjectives means it has to be good, right?


Lessons learned:
  1. Cook one pancake at a time else they come out looking like omelettes.
  2. First few pancakes seemed to get dried out by sitting on a plate on a burner set to Low. x_x
  3. Flapjack-flipping is fun.
  4. BAM, kick it up a notch. I'm going to make a million off that phrase. ;)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't wait to flip some flapjacks with you! ;)

*drools over the buckwheat pancakes* yummy! Thank you! ^__^

Kiwi the Geek said...

Try putting the pancakes between moist paper towels, and reheat them in the microwave or oven. I think that's what I did the last time I made them, but it was a long time ago.

iokevins said...

I can't wait to make buckwheat pancakes for you Dawny. ^___^

I'd post the recipe here but it requires a bunch of special ingredients like buckwheat flour and molasses that I'm wondering whether you have around the kitchen. This might be a good morning food after we get back to Citrus Heights.

And I got tubs of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby and Chunky Monkey for when we get back that evening as a reward after being on the road for five straight days. ^_^

Oh crap, I have to leave in four hours and I haven't packed yet. x_X Good think I've been getting practice at this.

Blog Archive