Saturday, November 11, 2006

Running Journal, Saturday, 2006-11-11

Running Journal, Saturday, 2006-11-11
Resting heart rate: 61 bpm (60 second test)
Weather: drizzling, 3 m/s wind
Temp: 14.4 C (58 F)
Time: 10:23-12:31
Terrain: flat
Comments: Light drizzle turned into a heavy drizzle after four miles. Wore leggings and shorts with my NYC Marathon finisher long-sleeve shirt. At mile 1.5 I watched with others as a Bald Eagle circled on the opposite bank of the river. The white markings on the tail were unmistakable. As I passed the Hagan Community Park at mile four I saw a flock of Canadian Geese feeding. I ran tall today, looking ahead and rehearsing the mental image of the terrain ahead. I imagined each mile marker in my head and felt a small measure of satisfaction as I passed by. At mile six I saw two Turkey Vultures sitting in the heavy drizzle at the top of a tree. Along the descent of the small hill on mile eight I heard several frogs croaking. At the park surrounding the mile 18 marker, I watched a young, two-point, fuzzy-antlered Black-Tailed Deer walk parallel with me. I ran this way with the deer for one-quarter of a mile before losing sight of it. Near the 18.5 mile marker we crossed paths again before it disappeared into the underbrush. I chose to run mile nine at a strong pace, finishing it in eight minutes. The last 4.5 miles I ran with walk breaks every mile instead of every four minutes and did not feel too much discomfort. The drizzle soaked me completely. It felt comforting to warm up with the car heater on the ride home. Lots of people on the trail today for the first hour. One group of women noticed I wore my NYC Marathon shirt and after congratulating me asked me if I had seen Lance. I replied yes and mentioned the Lancecam. They laughed and continued running. One woman wore a Cowtown Marathon tee shirt.
Time: 128 minutes (2:08)
Goal Time: n/a
Distance: 16.13 km (10.0 mi) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=537578
Total Distance For Year: stopped counting after first marathon
Weight (after run): 80.0 kg, 25% body fat.
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None. Toe black and blue.
Foods eaten today: Belgian toaster waffles, yogurt, orange juice

No comments:

Blog Archive