Monday, March 14, 2011

Running Journal, Monday, 2011-03-14: $358

Running Journal, Monday, 2011-03-14
Resting heart rate: ? bpm (forgot)
Body Mass Index (BMI): 22.5 (kilograms/(meters^2))
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 1,827 calories
Weather: partly sunny with intermittent misting rain; winds out of the E at 16.1 km/h (10.0 m/h) winds; 88% humidity; 102.26kPa (30.20 inches pressure)
Temp: 15 C (59 F)
Time: 5:50-6:35 p.m.
Terrain: flat; +/- 11 m (36 ft)
Comments: Daylight Saving Time went into effect on Sunday and I found myself with an opportunity to run a maintenance run in daylight. Overcast skies cast a blueish-gray light on the neighborhood, dulling everything into drab, muted colors. The temperature was comfortable, the light precipitation a nice contrast to drier evenings, and the petrichor was amazing--pines and earth, grass and leaves. I enjoy daylight running. I feel safer, more sure-footed, and running faster. As I ran toward Deterding Park, near 3100 Berkshire Way, I approached a parked vehicle on my right and two groups of people: (1) a person behind the wheel of the parked vehicle; and (2) a man and woman standing in the driveway. "$385! I paid it! Yeah, that's right!" yelled the man to the driver of the parked vehicle. The woman appeared to be attempting to de-escalate the situation, but the man on the sidewalk was having none of it. "Go on, get out of here. Drive off," he yelled. The man in the vehicle seemed to say, "Are you drunk enough, yet?" This set off the man outside the vehicle again. "Tell that to your punk ass bitch girlfriend, the one who has done all of Sacramento," he yelled. By this time, I was hearing things well after I had passed the vehicle, almost to Dom Way. "Come on, get out of the truck!" As I rounded the corner, I heard a few thumps of what sounded like the man kicking the vehicle. At this point, I was glad to be well past the still escalating situation. I do not get this much excitement, every night. The rest of the run was uneventful. I noticed in the daylight another water fountain. I re-ran the muddy trail in Jonas-Landspur Park, only hearing one frog. As I ran, a man and his girlfriend warned me, "It's wet ahead." "Is it passable?" I asked. "Yeah, stay to the side," he replied. I thanked him and kept going. As I ran north on Evelyn Avenue, a young man walked past me and hopped into a parked vehicle. The vehicle drove half a block, passing me, then dropped him off. Not sure what that was all about--a drug deal? Strange. Also on this block, a bumper sticker reading, "English doesn't borrow from other languages; English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and sifts through their pockets for loose grammar." I felt really great, physically, after this evening run. I found a new way to push off with my feet which seemed more like gliding. I ended the run feeling just fine. Four miles, no problem. 
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): ~6.56 km (~4.08 miles); http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/29302358
Weight (after run): 76.4 kg (168.4 lbs); ??% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: lower back sore
Foods eaten today: oatmeal + raisins + banana, walnuts, almonds, low sodium V-8, Kirkland Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake, Ito En matcha green tea with lemon juice x 2, Fuji apple, Clover organic strawberry yogurt, Clover organic vanilla bean yogurt, banana, Panda raspberry licorice nibs, Trader Joe's yaki onigiri, hard-boiled egg, orange juice, Trader Joe's Mac & Cheese, Amy's organic rice and bean burrito with salsa, fries, Mikawaya chocolate mochi, cornbread

No comments:

Blog Archive