Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Running Journal, Wednesday, 2011-02-09: "I Beat You!"

Running Journal, Wednesday, 2011-02-09
Resting heart rate: n/a
Body Mass Index (BMI): 22.67 (kilograms/(meters^2))
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): 1,839 calories
Weather: clear and sliver of a waxing moon; winds from the N at 4 km/h (4 m/h) winds; 57% humidity; 102 KPA (30.03 inches pressure)
Temp: 9 C (48 F)
Time: 6:23-7:08 p.m.
Terrain: flat; +/- 15 m (27 ft)
Comments: Had to check my schedule to make sure...but yes, 18 miles on Saturday. I have come a long way since my first run in late November! Tonight went well; a bit slower than on Monday evening, mainly due to lack of sleep. Wore leggings, technical shirt, and racing shorts, and felt a bit chilled at the start but fine at the end. Have been really spoiled this past week with warm weather. I ran an average 5:58 minute/km (9:35 minute/mile) over a bit shorter distance, this evening. Which is entirely *not* the point of the maintenance runs! I really enjoy running about that speed, though. Smells of smoke and grilling meats as I ran on surface streets through suburban areas. Over near Deterding Park, on Gladstone Drive, I passed a mother pushing a stroller and a girl with flashing lights in the soles of her shoes. I had moved to the left side of the street to give them space, when I noticed the girl had decided to run along with me, on the other side of the street. After about one-half blocks of running, she stopped and, turning back, declared, "I beat you!" Fun. I laughed and replied, "Thank you," and continued running. As I continued on, I heard her urging her companions to catch up. Heard male voices laughing from the playground equipment at Jonas-Larkspur park. Frogs did not make as much noise, this evening, though the area near the intersection of Jonas Avenue and Joseph Avenue struck me with a cool, dark, and humid sensation again, which I really liked. Not sure what pace I will try running on Saturday for my long run. Will probably head back to the Parkway because it has semi-regular water fountains...I dislike the loneliness of it, but perhaps running faster will help keep my mind from boredom.Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): ~7.6 km (~4.7 miles); http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4282060 ; ~614 calories burned
Weight (after run): 77.6 kg (171.11 lbs), ?% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: ball of foot by big toe building up calluses, very small cut on left foot; felt tired but strong at finish
Foods eaten today: oatmeal + raisins, Joe's Crab Shack clam chowder and house salad + ranch, walnuts, almonds, green tea + lemon juice, milk, Mikawaya chocolate mochi, Trader Joe's yaki onigiri x3, baked squash, corn and lemongrass soup + polenta, chocolate square, hummus + whole wheat pita, donut

No comments:

Blog Archive