Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2010-09-14

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2010-09-14
Resting heart rate: 55 bpm (60 second test, around 6:00 a.m.)
Body Mass Index (BMI): ? (kilograms/(meters^2))
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): ? calories
Weather: early morning, clear skies
Temp: 12 C (53.6 F)
Time: ~6:00-6:45 a.m.
Terrain: gentle inclines
Comments: The Belt of Venus was visible along the horizon this morning as I left; I finished with the sunrise. A perfect 45 minute run, to the second, from start to finish. That has never happened before. The area of Arden Arcade in Sacramento is currently considering a ballot measure which will determine whether or not the area remains a part of Sacramento County, or incorporates into a new city. The area I run through decidedly shows support for remaining a part of Sacramento County. I saw my first pro-incorporation sign today, however. Connected briefly with a few people also out in the early morning air, simply through "hello" and "good morning." The air was cold with a slight breeze; after I began running, it felt perfect. I noticed my right back area became sore toward the second half of the run. Running on the sloped streets may be the cause. I stretched when I returned home and it helped, but resting that muscle group will be the course of action for today and Wednesday.
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): 3.5-4.0 miles
Weight: 79.6 kg (175.5 lbs), ?% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Right upper back sore; area behind left knee felt a bit stiff but no problems after warming up
Foods eaten today: oatmeal + raisins, banana

No comments:

Blog Archive