Monday, August 23, 2010

Random Things I Learn From The Person Who Cuts My Hair

I get my hair cut regularly at the Paul Mitchell Partner School at MTI College. Relatively inexpensive (in money, not time) and a fun atmosphere. Some random notes from this trip:
  • Not only was Hattori Hanzo a character in Kill Bill, apparently there is a company which makes outstanding hair shears: http://www.hattorihanzoshears.com/. And when I say outstanding, I mean amazingly expensive. She was upset because they were not getting delivered fast enough.

  • Blunt or feathered lines along the back; I chose feathered

  • She shared a tip for hair drying: perpendicular for the top, then parallel for the sides

  • She uses a Denman brush while blow drying the hair.

  • Apparently Paul Mitchell makes a styling product for use while blowdrying hair and then another one for use as a finishing spray. Sort of makes sense.

  • They are having an annual sale on the big Tea Tree bottles; two for $28; usually they are $40.

  • She loved razor combs. She had a Paul Mitchell Carving Comb: a regular comb on one side and a razor comb on the other; it looked like something Darth Maul might wield. She swore by it.

  • Her favorite movie was The Hangover. Current favorite movie in theaters (her second job) is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

  • Not sure what to call the people who cut my hair; they refer to themselves as future professionals, which is sort of vague to people who are not in the know. Not really barbers, hair stylist sounds a bit overkill, since I just get a hair cut. Hmm.
And that's all I learned this time.

No comments:

Blog Archive