Sunday, June 28, 2009

Zucchini Herb Casserole


Tonight's dish, Zucchini Herb Casserole:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Herb-Casserole/Detail.aspx

A co-worker gave me a 1.4 kg zucchini (big!). What do you do with zucchini? Apparently a whole lot. I also want to make Zucchini Patties (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Patties/Detail.aspx).

Notes
  • Doubled the batch

  • My Perfect Vegetables book recommended grating, then squeezing the liquid out of the zucchini to make it more suitable for baking. This helped a lot.

  • I bought a string of tomatoes on the vine for tonight's dinner, but came up just short of three cups.

  • Per a comment, I tripled the amount of herbs (except for the garlic salt) and added in a few extra garlic cloves. Before I realized the commenter referred to the garlic salt, I had measured out 7.5 teaspoons of garlic salt. I had also dumped about 1 teaspoon of basil on top of the garlic salt before I realized what the commenter meant. I attempted vainly to scoop out the basil, and ended up tossing all of it. Lesson learned.

  • Cooked the double batch for close to 30 minutes in a three-quart casserole dish.

  • Had some leftover spinach, so added about 1.5 cups of that into the mix. Turned out great.

  • Took me about two hours from start to finish.

  • I thought I had paprika but could not find it. :P So I went ahead without it.
Tastes great!

Zucchini joke: https://zone.artizans.com/images/previews/GMACH538.300.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive