Saturday, July 05, 2008

GRE

Gearing up to take the GRE before the October 1st (88 days) Sac State application deadline so I can get in for the Spring 2009 semester. Hopefully by 2011 I'll have my Masters degree.

Amby provides a slew of links: http://amby.com/GRE/.

Steps to reach my goal:
  1. Meet with CSUS department representative and discuss whether I meet all outstanding requirements
  2. Achieve GRE scores of:
    600 on the Verbal Reasoning (85th percentile)
    750 on the Quantitative Reasoning (85th percentile)
    5 on the Analytical Writing Score (96th percentile)
  3. Complete and submit paperwork
I initially put up more aggressive targets, but then I realized that I'm not going to have as much time as I want to prepare for the GRE. The CS grad program at CSUS seems to use the GRE as a comparison benchmark against other applicants for the semester--they seem to care more that applicants have the proper foundation.

My thought at this point is: test early, test often to get a sense of where I'm at.

No comments:

Blog Archive