Saturday, March 22, 2008

Anime Runs


Dawn and I have undertaken a run through the anime series Chobits and Noir. The video store which supplied the first episodes in the series lacks the final volumes--so we have to decide whether we want to purchase the final volumes or not.

I like Noir's music--I discovered the series when a Linux installfest installer left a copy of the soundtrack on my PC. The series does suffer a bit from what I call the Airwolf-syndrome (for example, here)--that is, when the music swells, we know our heroes will face a battle and they'll eventually triumph. At least, so far.

Padding out shows happens in any enterprise, it seems--Noir handles it frequently by re-hashing scenes of Mireille's discovery of the murder of her parents. In Chobits, I haven't seen it so much--although the latest episode featured a pop single which padded out the cleaning scene.

No comments:

Blog Archive