Saturday, July 14, 2018

Running Journal, Thursday, 2018-07-14

Black-tailed deer, east fork of Jordan Gulch 
Resting heart rate: 81 bpm around 1:45 minutes after running and a cup of coffee
Body Mass Index (BMI): 24.4
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR):
Weather: sunny
Temp: 21.1 C (70 F) 9 mph WSW
Time: 1:30-2:15 p.m. (45 minutes)
Terrain: Hilly
Comments: Sunblock used. Listened to an audiobook, which helped pass the time. Ran same route to the Village, but instead of going up the stairs to OPERS, I ran along the bottom of Jordan Gulch. Saw two groups of deer. One group fled partially up the hill, the other, a young buck, stood his ground and watched me. Unbeknownst to me, three forks of Jordan Gulch exist, and I took the east fork, emerging near the bookstore. Just before this, I found a small redwood grove enclosed with makeshift stick fencing, with a few chairs inside. Disappointingly, it had no small amount of trash. I then followed the path north, taking a large culvert tunnel under what turned out to be McLaughlin Drive. I then followed that road to Graduate Student Housing and from there back through Kresge/Porter to FSH. Calf muscles feel exercised and I felt a bit winded afterward. Started a bit later than I wished but had to swap the headlamp bulbs in our car while still relatively cool. If I do the Jordan Gulch bottom trail again, I'll try to take a different fork, perhaps one leading to McHenry Library.
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): ~3.1 miles
Weight (after run): n/a (185?)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: Left shoulder muscle group feels sore, but been an issue for a few days
Foods eaten today: Through mid-afternoon--PB&J, two cups of coffee, Caesar salad with chicken, banana

No comments:

Blog Archive