Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Before you learn to run...

...you have to learn how to walk. : o |

After struggling with the laces supplied with my Xero Shoes, on the advice of ultra runner Randy Kreill, I purchased some 5/32" paracord (and shoe goo, as well). I tied my shoes using his latest suggestions.

The tying went smoothly. The paracord has the inner core, a few inches of which I removed prior to tying the end knot (per Xero Shoes co-founder Steven Sashen).

When I went for a walk, it felt OK at first, but after a few minutes, I felt my foot sliding to the inside and my second toe (next to my big toe) rubbing against the endknot thong...I cut the walk short, attempting to avoid any blisters. : o |

So, tomorrow night, I'll probably try re-tying them again...this seems like the most important part, getting things dialed in regarding finding the sweet spot.

No comments:

Blog Archive