Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2010-05-25

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2010-05-25
Resting heart rate: 68 bpm (60 second test right after exercise)
Body Mass Index (BMI): 23.96
Weather: lightly raining, calm
Temp: 13 C (55.4 F)
Time: 9:00-9:45 p.m.
Terrain: flat
Distance: two laps running around the parking lot; two laps walking
Comments: Tying my shoes on the porch before the run, I listened to the sounds of water dripping down into the water barrel from the gutter drain. It was a peaceful, echoing, repetitive sound. Everything around was still in the dark; all the animals had bedded down to weather the extended shower this afternoon. At American River College, we discovered the stadium track entrance locked. A sign reads, "Track closed May 15 - June 10". So we walked and ran around the parking lot instead. My core itched as I began exercising the muscles I have not been using in so long. I still do not understand why they itch but sometimes they do until they have warmed up. I ran on the balls of my feet for two laps. It went well. Most of the water had drained from the surface of the parking lot and so my feet stayed relatively dry. After one lap, I took off my shirt and ran bare-chested in the night air, a very refreshing experience. The rain began lightly sprinkling again. We walked around one final lap to cool down, then drove home. A great experience and made me wish it rained in Sacramento more frequently.
Weight (after exercise): 82.0 kg (180.78 lb), 18% body fat
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: oatmeal + raisins, cherry tomatoes, almonds, walnuts, low-sodium V-8, Annie Chun's Miso Soup, multi-vitamin, two hard-boiled eggs, fresh salad mix with butter lettuce + non-fat feta cheese + cilantro dressing + shredded carrots + cherry tomatoes + cheesy-garlic croutons + sprouts + sunflower sprouts, chocolate milk, mochi candy

No comments:

Blog Archive