Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2007-05-08

Running Journal, Tuesday, 2007-05-08
Resting heart rate: n/a (forgot)
Body Mass Index (BMI): (kilograms/(meters^2)) 22.615
Weather: n/a
Temp: n/a
Time: 21:30-22:25
Terrain: hill intervals
Comments: I've exercised with interval training tonight and Monday evening. The interval training I chose tonight interspersed hill training segments into a 6.0-mph flat run. So for ~2:45 minutes I ran at 6.0-mph on a flat surface, then the treadmill elevated itself for ~2:45 minutes of 6.0-mph hill running, then it dropped back to a flat surface, and so forth. It repeated this about ten times over the course of 55 minutes. For the first 25 minutes, I maintained the 6.0-mph pace. After the second 8.0-elevation (out of ? max elevation) I realized I didn't have it in me to finish the remaining 30 minutes at that pace. I dropped back to 5.0-mph and finished the remaining hill climbs. I checked my heart rate once or twice and saw it in the 150-165 range. I'm thinking that's good. I burned about 800 calories. x_x Afterward I felt exhilerated--tired but strong. The stiffness I had from the interval-training went away after a soak in the hot tub. I think it helped a lot to have the barn fan blowing on me during the run, and to hydrate myself properly. I felt really satisfied with the exercise tonight--I'm thinking about reserving such a hard workout for the non-long run weekends though, since Galloway specifies light weekday maintenance workouts.
Exercise Time: 55 minutes
Goal Time: n/a
Distance (running): 8.05 km (5.00 mi)
Total Running Distance For Year: 618.61 km (395.40 mi)
Weight (after exercise): 77.4 kg (170.67 lbs)
Any irregular feelings, aches, pains, heart rate, and so forth?: None
Foods eaten today: Special K strawberry cereal with soy milk, orange juice, raspberry yogurt, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, fig newtons, egg-cheese-english muffin sandwiches, bing cherries, fresh-squeezed lemonade

No comments:

Blog Archive