Sunday, August 18, 2019

Hamilton

Dawn won two Hamilton lottery tickets through their mobile app, so we spontaneously attended the 7:00 p.m. showing at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco on Saturday, August 17. The ticket office gave us (for $10/each!) first row center tickets, just right of the conductor/keyboardist (seats A104 and 106). We had a quick meal of chicken and waffles at Hazel. This was our first time at the Orpheum. Dawn was over the moon. I am still getting over a cold, so I was more muted, but still had the feeling of, Is this real life right now? Show was outstanding. I enjoyed watching the keyboardist conductor play, excessively bobbing along with the music. It reminded me of how it feels to code software while listening to music that resonates. I'm not sure why, but the staff did not allow photography of the stage or musicians. The keyboardist used a Yamaha.

No comments:

Blog Archive