Sunday, January 11, 2015

Citrix Receiver 13.1 for Linux - More Citrix, More Problems

Smiled when I saw Citrix released Citrix Receiver 13.1 for Linux, what seems like a true 64-bit Citrix Receiver client. It seemed to install cleanly to Debian Wheezy--good. It even allowed me to login to my employer's install of Citrix Web Interface 5.? to access XenApp VM hosted apps--promising.

However, selecting a hosted app icon via the Web Interface only seemed to change my mouse cursor from a pointer into a spinning circle for a few seconds, after which it revered to a pointer. Waiting for several minutes, nothing appeared. I tried access in both Mozilla IceWeasel 31.3.0 and Google Chrome 37.0.2062.120. Poking around in /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/, I noted running the binaries seemed to work OK (for example, selfservice)...no core dumps or broken dependencies, it seems.

I also tried installing the Citrix Receiver for HTML5 1.5. This seemed to have similar results as the Citrix Receiver 13.1 for Linux--successful authentication, but no success when selecting hosted app icons.

A WORKAROUND

A brief web search discovered this URL:

http://zo0ok.com/techfindings/archives/1743

which pointed me to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh . I downloaded the .ICA file after selecting the hosted app icon, then passed the file path to it as a parameter to wfica.sh, as described at the URL. Success.

So, at this point, I know I can run hosted apps manually, which suffices....

Previously; Previously; Previously

No comments:

Blog Archive