Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ferrell's Donuts - Santa Cruz, California

Anecdotally, on why Santa Cruz has donut shops named "Ferrell's" and "The Original Ferrell's":
On this particular morning I was passing through Scotts Valley on my way to play at a Church and I decided it was time to figure this thing out. I asked, “What’s with the word Original in the name?” She told me that years ago, there were 5 affiliated Ferrell’s Donut Shops (2 of them have since gone out of business). 2 more donut shops opened and somehow legally got the business name of Ferrell’s. The owner of the Original 5 shops wanted to separate himself from the fakes, so he changed the name to “The Original Ferrell’s Donuts.” It’s too bad for him that, in my opinion, the copies are better that the original.
Sounds fishy.

No comments:

Blog Archive