Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hanging curtains

A first time for everything...

A nice overview of how long, how wide, how to frame the window, ways to put the curtains on the rod, and different types of rods:
http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/decorating/curtains-window-treatments/long-curtains

An example of going wide and high over the window:
http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/01/hows-it-hangin/

Update, 2014-10-28: used painters tape to tape up the brackets so I could eyeball the placement...hopefully they stay up until I return this coming weekend. Everything seems relatively OK, except the drapes would overlay the dresser, so I may have to pull it forward. I like the idea of hanging the drapes to the sides of the windows, so they do allow more light and scenery through. They will also hang about halfway between the ceiling and the top of the window frame, which should look nice. Will see how the corner looks...I guess, worst case scenario, I can always purchase more Command strips and rehang (?) I guess I am thinking this will remain permanent when that does not really represent the case. Ended up feeling tired/low energy on Monday, which explains why I did not get more done.

No comments:

Blog Archive