Monday, August 06, 2012

Sick day three

Finished watching seasons two and three of Arrested Development.

Watched documentary Bill Cunningham New York:
  • “Now, I mean imagine the extravagance of these pages; Annie Flanders never blinked. You can't say anything; Annie; I didn't take money, so I can do what I want...and if I...well I knew she didn't say, "that didn't mean you can bankrupt me."
  • "See, if you don't take money, they can't tell you what to do, kid.That's the bad...that's the key to the whole thing. Don't touch money. It's the worst thing you can do. … that's the most important thing, never to be owned.”
  • "Yes, but they don't own me, you see." "They don't own you?" "That's the important thing, never be owned. Keep free. Money is the cheapest thing. Liberty and freedom is the most expensive.”
Watching PBS "This Emotional Life" (2010; WGBH)

  • Oxytocin represents a hormone which assists in forming relationships
  • It's about reward...Love could be a lot like a drug...when we take it, it results in a socially rewarding feeling. When your early relationships have been disrupted, do social relationships have the same reward?
  • Parents' and childrens' brains are each changed by the relationship

No comments:

Blog Archive