Sunday, May 27, 2012

Initial D (2005)

"You know what somebody told me once? The most important thing is to find a world you can belong to. Our lives only begin to mean something when we find that wold. And for you, I'm pretty sure that world is racing, Takumi'."

Wow, the dubbing sucked hard on this movie.

In it's defense, they had lots of little touches which I enjoyed: the pedal shots, the cam under the cars as they passed, the exposition about the cars...lots of little bits like that which I noticed.

Homophobic comments and extremely negative female roles really drag this movie down, though. I mean, really? The love interest Natsuki ends up a whore; Takumi's mother leaves his family after his father gives up everything for her; Miya ends up kissing Itsuki even after the extremely creepy "gods have urges" spiel....

No comments:

Blog Archive