Thursday, July 09, 2009

Wednesday Evening Sights

Stepped off the light rail train to hear two youths yelling to a running friend to hurry up to make the train. It was night, the light rail parking lot was empty of cars, it was me and this lone running teenager. The train bell sounded, the doors began closing on the teenager's friend, who forced it open. The train bell sounded again, and the friend forced it open once more. The teenager rushed past me and onto the train. As the train sped away, the rails ringing softly, a train blast erupted to my right. At great speed, a commercial freight train rushed past the parking lot. Save for one bright spotlight illuminating the passing cars, the deep vibrations and noisy carriages were implied rather than seen. I walked to my car, turned the key, and left for home.

No comments:

Blog Archive