Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tree Container Library and Wubi

Initial compile of the Tree Container Library (TCL, regrettably, for short) fails--I'm running a version of Debian via QEMU that's a bit behind the curve, with gcc 3.3.5.

I hosed my apt repository during a failed upgrade a few months ago (it wanted to upgrade the kernel, I canceled, corruption ensues). So I thought I'd upgrade--I'm testing out Wubi, an installer that works in a similar fashion to QEMU, in that it allocates a block of space for an Ubuntu install (about 7GB). The nice part is that you can dual-boot into either one, and uninstall it like an app if you want.

UPDATE: Never mind--while waiting for Wubi I discovered an alternate tree data class (thanks Kasper Peeters, I appreciate your contribution)--and it's GPL'd.

No comments:

Blog Archive