Monday, July 16, 2007

SunRocket VoIP Shuts Down Service

SunRocket Voice-Over-Internet phone service closed shop this afternoon. I began subscribing to SunRocket in 2005--I only wish they might have delayed the end until mid-August, when we finish moving! :)

Overall I found SunRocket's quality so-so, and the cost savings so-so. The service cost less--but I ended up paying more for bandwidth. Numerous people mentioned the cell-phone-like signal quality. I really enjoyed using SunRocket's web interface though--checking voice-mail anywhere, checking phone records, and so forth. SunRocket also provided a lot of extras--for free! Caller ID, voice-mail, call forwarding, call blocking, for example.

Happily, I'm moving to a location with fiber-optic internet and phone in a few weeks! :)

Regrettably, SunRocket failed to notify any customers in advance--so this afternoon the phone went dead as Dawn used it. We had advance notice of the impending closure due to rumors posted at dslreports.com over the weekend--but I'm feeling disappointment at the leaders' failure to exit gracefully.

No comments:

Blog Archive